Welcome Back to the Library!
The Valley Center Public Library Board is happy to announce that the Library facility has re-opened on April 12. We will continue our temporary hours until further notice:
Monday-Wednesday and Friday – 10 AM to 1 PM; 2 PM to 4 PM
Thursday – Noon to 3 PM; 4 PM to 6 PM
Closed Weekends and Major Holidays
Please plan ahead for your visit, keeping the following in mind:
- We will continue to offer curbside service for those who prefer not to come in to the facility or those who have medical conditions which would make a visit to the Library inadvisable.
- All patrons with the exception of children under age 2 are required to wear a mask over mouth and nose at all times while visiting the library.
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet while visiting.
- Children should remain with parents. Parents should handle materials for children.
- Patrons must sanitize hands upon entry and any time hands come in contact with face or face coverings.
- Patrons are encouraged to utilize the card catalogs to help in searching for items.
- Do not hand returned items to staff, place on the designated cart by the desk for check in.
- 10 visitors will be allowed into the Library at a time until further notice. Keep visits as short as possible – 30 minutes max. Visit outdoors when you are through.
- Try to handle materials as little as possible. If you remove an item from the shelf, please return it to a cart or the top of the shelf for staff to process.
- Seating areas are not available.
- No food or drinks at this time.
- 30 minute computer use by appointment only. Staff will provide limited computer assistance from a distance of 6 feet away.
- Computers will be sanitized after each use. High touch surfaces will be sanitized frequently.
- Returned items will continue to be “quarantined” for a 7 day period.
- Regular check out periods will revert back to pre-Covid policies. Books-3 weeks; High Demand Books-1 week; Movies-1 week; Audiobooks-2 weeks; Magazines-1 week.
- Fines will accrue at the normal rate.
- Payments for copies, fines and other fees must be cash or check. We appreciate exact change when possible.
Policies and dates subject to change without notice.