Staff and curbside service will be unavailable beginning at noon on Wednesday June 10. The book / media return boxes will also be unavailable that day. We’ll be back at our regular time on Thursday June 11!
Can our Library read 250,000 pages? Each time you finish a book submit the number of pages that it contained. We will add all the numbers together and see how long it takes for us to hit a Quarter Million pages read.
We wanted to start a fun challenge since we are back offering curbside service. Books you are currently reading count towards this challenge.
Fill this form out every time you finish a book.
Happy announcement: Curbside Library Service will begin again on Wednesday, May 6! You may request items by signing in to your patron account on the patron card catalog, by emailing your request to email@example.com, or by calling 755-7350 between 10 and 4, Monday through Friday. Please allow us a minimum of 24 hours to gather and process your requests. We will contact you by phone, text or email when your items are ready to pick up. We will ask that you contact us when you arrive at the parking lot to pick up, and we will place your bag of items on a table in front of the building for no contact pick up. If we anticipate a large volume of pick ups, we may assign you a code so you will know which bag is yours. Please continue to return your items via the drop boxes, please do not try to hand them to staff, they cannot accept returns. At this time, we are unable to process requests for inter-library loan. The state anticipates the courier will begin running again on May 18, but this date is tentative. The staff thanks you for your patience and support during these unusual times, and we are excited to be able to once again provide materials to our patrons!
- VCPL Facebook Live Story Times with Craft-a-longs – Mondays, Wednesday & Fridays at 11 am until further notice
- VCPL Virtual Brick Club – all day on Thursdays until further notice (see our Facebook posts and events)
- Access eBooks, eAudiobooks through Sunflower eLibrary using your VCPL Library card
- Access eBooks, eAudiobooks, databases, and much more through the State Library of Kansas (obtain a State Library eCard by contacting VCPL)
- Easter Egg Hunt through Easter Sunday – drive or walk around town and look for big Easter eggs in yards, windows, doorways, etc.
- Free Access to Tumblebooks products: Tumblebooks is allowing public libraries freeaccess to five e-Resources until August 31, 2020. We have made these available through our VCPL patron card catalog. Find them on the welcome screen by scrolling down to electronic resources. There you will find TumbleBookLibrary, TumbleMath, TeenBookCloud, AudioBookCloud, and RomanceBooks. You do not need to log in to your patron account to access these materials. To find our patron card catalog, go to our website www.valleycenterlibrary.org, and access through Library Links on the right-hand side of the page, or through the tab Find Books and More.
- KWCH Weather School – Tuesdays & Thursdays at 1:30 on Facebook Live
- Free digital access to Ranger Rick Magazine: find the link on our Facebook page, or go to RangerRick.org for more info
- LeVar Buron has started up Reading Rainbow again – you can Google it for lots of ways to access
Links for some fun stuff:
If you know of any fun things to add to our list, please email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org.